Life coaches help people to “peel back the layers” and find out who they really are and what they really want from their life. Life coaching, at its core, is about helping you find more balance and fulfillment in your life. It’s about allowing you to get more of what you want, and less of what you don’t.
Coaching is also motivational. I will offer you support, structure, and honest feedback. A Life Coach is your personal cheerleader, your confidant, your advisor, and your personal sounding board. A Life Coach helps you explore new options, seek new resources, and understand that you have choices.
- Provides a safe, confidential, and non-judgmental space where clients can speak their mind and be heard
- Concentrates on the focus provided by the client
- Creates clarity and moves the client into action
- Assists people to set better goals or intentions and then supports them in reaching/attaining those items
- Accelerates the clients progress by providing greater focus and awareness of choice
- Provides the necessary tools, support and structure to accomplish more
- Concentrates on where the client is now and what they are willing to do to get where they want to be in the future
Who Hires a Life Coach?
You can benefit from a coach, if:
- You have the desire to do more and be more
- You know what you want but need help getting there
- You are looking for effective ways to make your dreams reality
- You need motivation and accountability to truly accomplish your goals
What Happens When You Hire a Coach?
- Coaching increases your knowledge of who you are, what you really want, your strengths, your areas for improvement, and what self-limiting beliefs and habits you have that may be holding you back.
- Coaching gives you a reason to take time out from your busy life to find out more about yourself, about where you are in your life and where you really want to be.
- Coaching gives you the opportunity to take control of your life, and to start directing its course, rather than being swept along with the prevailing tide.
- Coaching helps you to identify self-limiting beliefs, become aware of them, and to replace them with more empowering ones.
- Coaching can help you speed up the process of reaching your goals. A coach will help you to clarify exactly what you want, and come up with specific actions to take you closer to your goals. Your coach can help you to identify what it is that has been holding you back from achieving your goal, and help you to overcome any obstacles.
Life Coaching benefits also include:
- Making better decisions, because your focus is clear, and taking smarter actions.
- Developing a balanced life that works because You have designed it.
- Experiencing a greater enjoyment of life and work because you get solutions.
- Setting better goals with a coach in your life.
- Clarifying your values, goals, and abilities.
- Identifying and aligning with your true passions and desires.
- Designing strategic, manageable, and achievable action plans.
- Maximizing your strengths and increasing confidence.
- Sharpening your skills.
- Increasing enthusiasm, motivation, and accountability for greater success.
How is Life Coaching Different from Therapy?
Differences between Coaching and traditional therapy:
- Coaching is about achievement; therapy is about healing.
- Coaching is about action; therapy is about understanding.
- Coaching is about transformation; therapy is about change.
- Coaching is about momentum; therapy is about safety.
- Coaching is about intuition; therapy is about feelings.
- Coaching is about joy; therapy is about happiness.
- Coaching is about performance; therapy is about progress.
- Coaching is about synchronicity; therapy is about timing.
- Coaching is about attraction; therapy is about protecting.
- Coaching is about creating; therapy is about resolving.
When, Where, and How are Coaching Sessions Conducted?
After the initial meeting with me to establish the guidelines and expectations of working together, coaching sessions can be done either face-to-face or by phone. Sessions typically last 60 minutes and can occur from 2 to 4 times per month. The schedule, format and location of sessions is established by you and I together to best meet your needs. Between sessions e-mail may be used to communicate questions and answers
How Long Do Sessions Continue?
There is no set length of time for sessions. You continue to work with me until you achieve your goals. Most clients find they need a minimum of 6 to 12 sessions. Others continue for extended periods of time. It is up to you, your progress toward your goals and your satisfaction with the coaching experience. The practical results-oriented approach of coaching motivates you to make the changes you want in your life in a relatively short time.
Factors that may impact the length of time include: the types of goals, working styles, and frequency of sessions. I invite my clients to make an initial commitment to themselves of at least 4 sessions.
What is the Cost?
There are three levels of coaching packages from which you can choose where cost varies depending on the frequency of the sessions. You and I can customize these packages to best fit your needs. Once the fees are established, payments are expected the first of each month.